I got a MacBook Pro which has been updated to macOS Mojava (10.14) and stuck in enabling FileVault with following errors:
Solutions which are not working for my situation:
- Check and remove CryptoUser from APFS with diskutil
- Reset and change the UUID of the admin user
- Convert to HFS with Paragon APFS to HFS converter
- Many other solutions found on the Internet
- Connect a USB drive and make a backup with Time Machine
- Poweroff and disconnect the USB drive
- Boot into recovery mode (CMD+R)
- Format your internal Disk to HFS. Your disk will be converted to APFS after restoring from Time Machine
- Connect the USB drive and restore with Time Machine
Now you have a clean APFS table with all your previous data. After this you can enable FileValut again
Below you find the steps to connect a Datalogic QuickScan QBT2101 Barcode Scanner and Windows 10 with Bluetooth and add Tab-Key as Suffix after the scanned code.
You can find the used Barcodes from the references, for easy reproduction I have copied them into this article.
- Scan variable barcode
- Scan Link code
- Search and connect from Windows. Windows should ask for an authentication code. Select “0000” and hit return
- Now the green light on the Scanner should light up
- Send the code below four times
- Commit the scanned code with
- Now you can use the Scanner, after every scan it should send a Return by default.
You can scan the following code to configure the scanner to add an Tab-Key after every code instead of Return
In detail: This code sets the scanner to programming mode, send the given Suffix and exit from the programming mode.
Weeks ago Nautilus stopped mounting USB devices/disks when they are plugged in.
Here you find the solutions 🙂
- Arch Linux (8.2.2019)
- Gnome (3.30.2)
- Nautilus (3.30.5)
Today I had to build an APC RBC7 for an APC SMART-UPS 1400 out of two FIAMM FG 21803.
- Open the UPS and remove the battery
- Remove the first cover to reveal the connectors. You can use a hair dryer to warm up the double sided tape.
- Remove the fuse
- Mount the fuse on the new battery
- Add some double side tape on the cover and place it on the new battery
- Remove the plug connectors and add it to the new battery
- Add the cover with double side tape
- Put the new battery into the UPS, charge it and run the tests